Japan Video Games Blog

TO THOSE WHO DON'T WANT THEIR WORK PROMOTED

Hey guys and gals! We FIND and PROMOTE people's work, we never take credit for things we haven't written, we just love sharing the things that are interesting, but if you don't want your work or pictures shown, please let me know and I'll take it off, we're not trying to harm any one here or infringe on anyone's copyrights, just late night entertainment for my friends and I after a long days of work.

We're not making money off the site, nor are we publishing anything to other places through feedburner claiming that it's our work, just a hobby of finding cool things around the internet, that's all. Sometimes we copy and paste too quickly and a link giving you credit doesn't appear, if that's the case and you DO want your work promoted, we will add in the backlink, we would love to give credit where credit is due!

Please contact me or drop a comment on any posts you guys don't want up and I'll take it off within 24 hours, thanks!

Thursday, April 3, 2008

SAVAGE SACRIFICE - Confliction | PHAT Mommy

Confliction

(This post is a ramble. It doesn’t flow and it’s full of sentence fragments. But it’s my blog and I needed to get my feelings out, so deal with it.)

I’m an idea person. A risk-taker. An entrepreneur. And for me, these qualities are in direct competition with being a homeschooling parent.

For 8 years I’ve been struggling with this conflict between wanting a career and wanting to raise my kids. I can’t find a balance.

I don’t want to get a job. I want to create a project. Like I’ve done in the past. Something that’s mine, something I’m passionate about. And I am so very fortunate that I have the luxury of doing that. I don’t need to work.

I have ideas. I have passion. I have money. I have skills. What do I lack? Time.

I have lots of ideas and one by one I see them being implemented by other people. My husband always tells me, “It doesn’t matter if someone else is already doing it. You just need to do it better.” Problem is, I don’t have the time to do it better.

Some days I just feel like throwing my hands in the air and resigning myself to motherhood. Forget about writing, blogging, designing, creating. Just play. Spend more time exploring the world and learning with the kids. Getting home improvement projects done. Being more disciplined about shopping and food. Giving more to my husband. It sounds like a nice, relaxing life.

But it’s not enough for me. In fact, it’s boring me to tears and completely stressing me out. And I feel bad saying that. I feel guilty that I’ve been given this wonderful life and I simply complain about it constantly. But the truth is it’s just. not. enough.

I don’t know where to go from here. Giving more attention to one thing necessarily means sacrificing something else because there are only 24 hours in a day. How do I decide what to sacrifice? Will I be sorry in the future if I sacrifice the “wrong” thing?

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Marc and Angel Hack Life

Self Improvement

Personal Development with The Positivity Blog

HowStuffWorks: Health Daily RSS Feed

PickTheBrain | Smarter Self Improvement

I will change your life . com