Amazing Posts: Famous Buddhist Quotes & Sayings
- Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.
- You only lose what you cling to.
- Fill your mind with compassion.
- We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.
- The Four Reliances
First, rely on the spirit and meaning of the teachings, not on the words;
Second, rely on the teachings, not on the personality of the teacher;
Third, rely on real wisdom, not superficial interpretation;
And fourth, rely on the essence of your pure Wisdom Mind, not on judgmental perceptions.
- We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.
- To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
- Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
- Pay no attention to the faults of others,
things done or left undone by others.
Consider only what by oneself is done or left undone.
- What we think, we become.
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned.
- Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others.
- He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
- An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind
- Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.
- Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.
- On life's journey Faith is nourishment,
Virtuous deeds are a shelter,
Wisdom is the light by day and Right mindfulness is the protection by night.
If a man lives a pure life nothing can destroy him;
If he has conquered greed nothing can limit his freedom.
- One of his students asked Buddha, "Are you the messiah?"
"No", answered Buddha.
"Then are you a healer?"
"No", Buddha replied.
"Then are you a teacher?" the student persisted.
"No, I am not a teacher."
"Then what are you?" asked the student, exasperated.
"I am awake", Buddha replied.
INTERESTING THINGS FOR YOU AT NIGHT PART 2 + 3 (ULTIMATE EXPANSION)
Japan Video Games Blog
TO THOSE WHO DON'T WANT THEIR WORK PROMOTED
We're not making money off the site, nor are we publishing anything to other places through feedburner claiming that it's our work, just a hobby of finding cool things around the internet, that's all. Sometimes we copy and paste too quickly and a link giving you credit doesn't appear, if that's the case and you DO want your work promoted, we will add in the backlink, we would love to give credit where credit is due!
Please contact me or drop a comment on any posts you guys don't want up and I'll take it off within 24 hours, thanks!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
A family I know has a tradition of making a book when their children hit 13. Everyone writes a memory, or a piece of advice. I set down to write a list of 25 things that are *actually* true. Is there anything wrong here? Is there anything I'm missing?Twenty-five Things to Know on Becoming a Teenager | Off-topic | LibraryThing
1. You are somewhat better looking that you think you are.
2. You are somewhat more popular that you think you are.
3. Your parents are somewhat more cool than you think they are. They are somewhat less cool than they think they are.
4. Your parents are sometimes wrong. You are wrong more often.
5. For any given "grown up" activity, somewhat fewer people are doing it than you think.
6. For any given "grown up" activity, somewhat fewer people are doing it than say they are doing it.
7. People are not thinking about you. They are thinking about what you're thinking about them.
8. You are entering a period of chronic, low-level insanity. You will look back on your teen age years and realize this. All teenage girls are insane.
9. Teenage boys are worse. They are stark, raving, often droolingly insane, and generally remain so well into their twenties.
10. There is nothing wrong with your breath.
11. Your body smells just fine.
12. Noses never hit. Braces do not lock. Teeth sometimes hit. Lips chap, but it take a long, long time. You now know absolutely everything about the dangers of kissing.
13. Oh, I forgot. It's much easier than you think to get a hickie. If you get one, you will try hard to hide it. Your parents and teachers will try equally hard to pretend they don't see it, or don't know what it is.
14. The coolest kids in my class are failures now. This is a simple fact. If I had known it at the time I would have thought it a very fun fact. Now I realize it's kind of sad.
15. The nerdiest kid in my mother's class went on to win a Nobel Prize in Physics. (He is, however, still a major nerd.)
16. No teacher ever hates you. They just don't think that way. The good ones will love you a little or a lot. The bad ones will have the same emotion toward you that a factory worker has toward objects flying past on an assembly line.
17. Your parents don't hate you. Your parents love you more than you can even understand now.
18. If something is illegal, there is probably a good reason.
19. The things that you think will get you into trouble probably won't get you into as much trouble as you think, but will still get you into trouble.
20. The things you think might be dangerous are probably more dangerous than you think.
21. Tattoos last an extremely long time. Studies have shown that only 1% of teenagers who get a tattoo like them ten years later.
22. Nose rings and tongue studs last only as long as you want them, but bother parents just as much.
23. You're not stuck. It will end. But it's going to take a long, long time.
24. When you enter a room and everyone is laughing, it isn't about you.
25. When you enter a room and everyone is laughing, and you recently blew your nose, and they're all pointing at you, and there's something green swinging in the corner of your vision, considering revising rule 24.
1) Narrow your marketing focus to ideal customers7 Steps to Small Business Marketing Success | Duct Tape Marketing Blog
2) Differentiate or compete on price
3) Create marketing materials that educate
4) Lead generate to be found instead of hunt
5) Create a lead conversion process
6) Harness technology and the Internet
7) Live by the calendar
the style files
The Anemi Hotel is located on the Island of Folegandros, Greece. The hotel is decorated in a minimal contemporary style but with respect for the traditional Cycladic architecture.
Anemi consists of a uniquely designed complex of small buildings which lay harmoniously on one of the most peaceful seaside resorts of the Cyclades close to the village of the island harbour. The hotel’s decor was inspired by simplicity, detail, luxury and elegance.
85357_orig_77053310.jpg (JPEG Image, 589x390 pixels)
Ladies, while you might be able to figure many of us men out and know how to make us do what you want at times; some of us really frustrate you and are hard to figure out. Here are 20 things you might have never realized is how we guys think. Knowing these things might actually change the quality of your dating and relationships in wonderful ways!YOUR Daily Inside Scoop on Las Vegas Nightlife - PERIOD!
While this is not an absolute list of “secrets” that apply to all men, it is accurate of the mindset and behaviors of almost any guy you will meet…even if he won’t admit to it.
1. It's actually not okay to tell me “I’ll be right back. I have to go pee.” I know everyone has to pee, but when I’m first getting to know you I don’t want to be reminded just how much you’re like everyone else.
2. Learn a few details about me as a person before you ask me to buy you a drink. Sure I might buy that drink, but I will feel that since I appear to you to be just a guy to buy you drinks, you will be just another woman to have sex with instead of a woman to know ongoing.
3. Ask me to do something for you and you'll remind me that I'm a man. On the other hand, tell me how to do something and you'll remind me of my mother.
4. You may have heard somewhere that you can tell if a guy is good in bed if he's a good dancer. Well, it's not true. Like most men, I'm usually way too self-conscious about my moves to really let loose in front of everyone on the dance floor.
5. Too many women can't admit when they're wrong, so letting me know when I'm right, no matter what the topic is, will score you major points with me.
6. Whenever you get up from our table at a club to go to the restroom, I watch to see how many other guys check you out. I like knowing that strange men envy me for being with you.
7. When I bring up something sweet I did for a now ex-girlfriend, it doesn’t always mean I have not gotten over her. In fact, I'm probably doing it to advertise to you that I'm good boyfriend material.
8. You know those things I used to do when we first began dating, like how I listened to you tell stories about your college social life and the way I kept saying how cute your cat was? I stopped do things like that because I didn't like doing them in the first place; I was just doing them so would like me.
9. If you have to ask me if I am enjoying our time together, chances are I am not. It most likely will have nothing to do with you though, so just remain calm and patient; chances are I will voice what the problem is.
10. It's a good sign if I bust on you. Haven't you noticed that guys are always insulting their best buddies? We only do that with people we really like. It's how men express affection.
11. While I will make fun of you for listening to “chick music” I secretly have at least one “chick song” that I listen to often and really like.
12. I know girls burp, but hold off on letting one fly out of you when we first meet unless you want me to become turned off. I want to see your intriguing lady side before being reminded you have bodily functions just like I do.
13. Please don't refer to me as a nice guy, even though you may mean that sincerely. The term has been used as code for “a guy I have no romantic interest in” or a loser so often that it’s what discourages me from trying to advance things with you beyond a friendship. I will probably WANT to get with you, but will be too afraid of being rejected now.
14. When we first meet, never ever under any circumstances ask me to hold your purse “for a sec.” It doesn’t matter why you’re asking me to do it, I will feel like you are trying to emasculate me.
15. If you do not like what I am wearing, it is better to keep that to yourself rather than making a comment about what it is you do not like about it. I am more concerned with what feels comfortable than what women will like. If you must comment, tell me you bet I would look good in a certain color; I will likely then go find something in that color that feels comfortable for me.
16. I am not turned off by you using four-letter words, but I am turned off if you use them a lot in a conversation. Hearing you use a couple of those words during a conversation lets me see your aggressive side; which makes me feel just as connected to you as when I show you my sensitive side.
17. Asking me how many women I’ve slept with is just as uncomfortable a question to ask me as it is if I were to ask you how many guys you’ve slept with. I will give you a much more honest answer after we have already kissed or fooled around a little.
18. You commenting on the physical appeal of another guy is not going to make us more competitive for your attention, it will have the same affect it has on you when we do the same regarding another woman; it comes across as shallow.
19. I'm totally in favor of you wearing skimpy clothes when we're out with my pals. Reveal enough to make them envious of me, but not so much that a nipple might pop out or more than the bottom of your ass will be exposed when you bend over.
20. If you hate my mom, regardless of my own opinion of her, I'll think less of you. If you always agree with her, it will also make me think less of you. I want you to have similar qualities as my mother, without being just like her and I want you to have very different qualities without being the complete opposite of her.
There you have it, Ladies. There are many other things I want to share with you about us men, and I will do so in the future.
Thank you for your time, and I wish you well in using what I have shared here with you.
Be well, and Live Unleashed!
As a celebration of their 75th anniversary, Lacoste reinvented tennis by thinking how it will look after 75 years, in 2083.How will tennis look like in the future |
Lacoste is very known for its tennis gear and you can see from the pictures that all the gear is Lacoste brand.
From what I can see from the video and pictures the tennis will be very dinamically played in the future, the player has some sort of protection suit because the balls will travel very fast with 200-300 km/h fastened by special electronic devices.
Also the special suit will offer the player increased speed and jumping capabilities enhanced. La face mask will protect your eyes and face from the ball and probably will have night vision…so you can play your favorite game in the dark.
For me it looks very exciting but in 2083 probably I will be too old to play it…
Easy way to reset your sleep cycle: Stop eating | Parenting Squad
Not eating for 12-16 hours can help people quickly reset their sleep-wake cycle, according to a new study from the Harvard Medical School. This discovery can drastically improve a person's ability to cope with jet lag or adjust to working late shifts.
Scientists have long known that our circadian rhythm is regulated by our exposure to light. Now they have found a second "food clock" that takes over when we are hungry. This mechanism probably evolved to make sure starving mammals don't go to sleep when they should be foraging for food.
The neat thing about this second clock is that it can override the main clock ... and you should just flip into that new time zone in one day.
It usually takes people a week to fully adjust to a new time zone or sleeping schedule. To think that this new "food clock" hack can help you change your internal clock in one day is mind boggling.
How does it work?
Simply stop eating during the 12-16 hour period before you want to be awake. Once you start eating again, your internal clock will be reset as though it is the start of a new day. Your body will consider the time you break your fast as your new "morning."
For example, if you want to start waking up at 2:00 am, you should start fasting between 10:00 am or 2:00 pm the previous day, and don't break your fast until you wake up at 2:00 am. Make sure you eat a nice healthy meal to jumpstart your system.
Another example: If you are travelling from Los Angeles to Tokyo, figure out when breakfast is served in Tokyo, and don't eat for the 12-16 hours before Tokyo's breakfast time.
Why does this work?
Like everything else in our evolutionary history, it has to do with survival:
"For a small mammal, finding food on a daily basis is a critical mission. Even a few days of starvation, a common threat in natural environments, may result in death," the study said.
"Hence, it is adaptive for animals to have a secondary "master clock" that can allow the animal to switch its behavioral patterns rapidly after a period of starvation to maximize the opportunity of finding food sources at the same time on following days."
The shift is a survival mechanism in small mammals that forces them to change their sleeping patterns, Fuller suggests. One starvation cycle is enough to override the traditional light-based circadian clock, the study suggests.
"This new timepiece enables animals to switch their sleep and wake schedules in order to maximize their opportunity of finding food."
"A period of fasting with no food at all for about 16 hours is enough to engage this new clock," says Saper.
"So, in this case, simply avoiding any food on the plane, and then eating as soon as you land, should help you to adjust — and avoid some of the uncomfortable feelings of jet lag." CBC (quoting study published in the May 22 issue of Science.
For more information, check out Science Friday's interview with lead researcher Clifford Saper.
OwenKelly.net » Blog Archive » Dalai Lama’s 18 rules for living
At the start of the new millennium the Dalai Lama apparently issued eighteen rules ofr living. Since word travels slowly in the digital age these have only just reached me.
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three Rs:
- Respect for self
- Respect for others
- Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.