717.jpg (JPEG Image, 434x650 pixels)
INTERESTING THINGS FOR YOU AT NIGHT PART 2 + 3 (ULTIMATE EXPANSION)
Japan Video Games Blog
TO THOSE WHO DON'T WANT THEIR WORK PROMOTED
We're not making money off the site, nor are we publishing anything to other places through feedburner claiming that it's our work, just a hobby of finding cool things around the internet, that's all. Sometimes we copy and paste too quickly and a link giving you credit doesn't appear, if that's the case and you DO want your work promoted, we will add in the backlink, we would love to give credit where credit is due!
Please contact me or drop a comment on any posts you guys don't want up and I'll take it off within 24 hours, thanks!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Pre-reqs include:Looking for gamer guy! PST!
World of Warcraft player
Having at least 2 70's
Having a personal PVP rating of at least 2000.
Good and quirky sense of humour (interests in shows such as South Park and Family Guy help with that)
Age: Between 22 and 26.
I am currently working full-time and pay for all my own stuff, including my own place, car, etc. I will be attending university in the fall as a full-time student. My musical preference is metal although that isn't too much of an issue issue.
If you think you have what it takes, send me a message with a picture attachment and a brief description of your characters! If I'm interested, I will message you back with a few of my pics. XD
P.S. The WoW requirements are not a joke. Kthnxbai!
funny-pictures-angry-bbq-hates-winter-snow.jpg (JPEG Image, 432x576 pixels)
'Shamed' Austrian man kills family with ax - CNN.com
(CNN) -- An Austrian man has confessed to killing five members of his family with an ax, Vienna police said Wednesday.
The body of the father-in-law to a man who murdered five family members is taken away in Linz, Austria.
The man walked into a Vienna police station in the early hours of Wednesday morning and told authorities he had killed his wife and seven-year-old daughter early Tuesday, police spokesman Michael Braunsperger said.
The man, a self-employed public relations consultant according to The Associated Press, said he had also murdered both his parents and his father-in-law in the cities of Ansfelden and Linz, respectively, the spokesman said.
Police then found the five victims, who had all been killed with an ax, Braunsperger said. The man said his motive was "financial difficulties."
"He said he'd been speculating on the financial markets and had lost everything, so he... wanted to spare his family the shame," Braunsperger said.
The man is now in custody awaiting further questioning, he said.
"He is completely matter of fact ... almost without emotion," criminal investigator Thomas Stecher told a news conference, AP reported.
The case is likely to unnerve Austrians on the heels of a highly-publicized incest case in Amstetten, outside Vienna.
Josef Fritzl, 73, confessed last month to holding his daughter captive in a cellar below the family home for 24 years, repeatedly raping her, and fathering seven children with her. One of the babies died.
Fritzl told his wife their daughter had run away, and he and his wife adopted three of the children.In 2006, Austrian teenager Natascha Kampusch escaped from the basement of a house in Strasshof, another Vienna suburb, after being held there for eight years. Her stepmother said Kampusch had been repeatedly abused by her captor, Wolfgang Priklopil, who killed himself by throwing himself under a train hours after she escaped.
Child-killing virus hits Beijing - CNN.com
BEIJING, China (CNN) -- The death toll in China's outbreak of hand-foot-mouth disease has risen to 42 children, with the capital Beijing reporting its first case Wednesday, state media said.
Parents sit with children being treated for the virus in Fuyang, China, last month.
The child died on the way to a hospital Sunday, health authorities told the Xinhua news agency.
Another child died of the virus at a Beijing hospital, but that death was counted in the child's home province of Hebei, which neighbors Beijing, the news agency said.
So far, the virus has sickened 24,934 children on the Chinese mainland, authorities said. All 42 people who died have been children.
The deaths are blamed on enterovirus 71, or EV-71, one of the most common causes of hand-foot-mouth disease (HFMD).
The official count of infections has increased dramatically in recent days since an order issued late last week by the Ministry of Health mandating that all cases be reported.
HFMD is not related to foot-and-mouth disease, which affects farm animals. HFMD can be caused by a number of intestinal viruses, of which EV-71 and Coxsackie A16 are among the most common.
In mild cases, EV-71 causes cold-like symptoms, diarrhea, and sores on the hands, feet and mouth. Severe cases can cause fluid to accumulate on the brain, resulting in polio-like paralysis and death.
There is no treatment for severe EV-71 infections nor does a vaccine exist. Adults with well-developed immune systems can usually fend off the virus, but children are particularly vulnerable to it, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Public health officials expect the number of cases to peak this summer, since the disease thrives in warm weather.
The virus is a concern for Chinese officials as the nation prepares to host the Summer Olympic Games starting August 8.
Taiwan had a large outbreak of HFMD in 1998 with 78 deaths, and smaller outbreaks in 2000 and 2001, according to the CDC.China is also coping with the devastation left by a magnitude-7.9 earthquake that struck Monday, killing thousands and leaving even more people trapped in debris or simply listed as missing.
World's Largest Swimming Pool -- off the coast of Chile
Laugh It Up | 5 Rules For Men To Live A Happy Life
5 Rules for Men
FIVE RULES FOR MEN TO FOLLOW TO A HAPPY LIFE:
1. It’s important to have a woman, who helps at home, who cooks from time to time, cleans up and has a job.
2. It’s important to have a woman, who can make you laugh.
3. It’s important to have a woman, who you can trust and who doesn’t lie to you.
4. It’s important to have a woman, who is good in bed and who likes to be with you.
5. It’s very, very important that these four women do not know each other.
In 1783 an Icelandic eruption threw up enough dust to temporarily block out the sun over Europe.BOOMj
About 20 to 30 volcanoes erupt each year, mostly under the sea.
A huge underground river runs underneath the Nile, with six times more water than the river above.
Lake Bosumtwi in Ghana formed in a hollow made by a meteorite.
Beaver Lake, in Yellowstone Park, USA, was artificially created by beaver damming.
Off the coast of Florida there is an underwater hotel. Guests have to dive to the entrance.
Venice in Italy is built on 118 sea islets joined by 400 bridges. It is gradually sinking into the water.
The Ancient Egyptians worshipped a sky goddess called Nut.
The world's windiest place is Commonwealth Bay, Antartica.
In 1934, a gust of wind reached 371 km/h on Mount Washington in New Hampshire, USA.
American Roy Sullivan has been struck by lighting a record seven times.
The desert baobab tree can store up to 1000 litres of water in its trunk.
The oldest living tree is a California bristlecone pine name 'Methuselah'. It is about 4600 years old. The largest tree in the world is a giant sequoia growing in California. It is 84 meters tall and measures 29 meters round the trunk. The fastest growing tree is the eucalyptus. It can grow 10 meters a year.
The Antartic notothenia fish has a protein in its blood that acts like antifreeze and stops the fish freezing in icy sea.
The USA uses 29% of the world's petrol and 33% of the world's electricity.
The industrial complex of Cubatao in Brazil is known as the Valley of Death because its pollution has destroyed the trees and rivers nearby.
Tibet is the highest country in the world. Its average height above sea level is 4500 meters.
Some of the oldest mountains in the world are the Highlands in Scotland. They are estimated to be about 400 million years old.
Fresh water from the River Amazon can be found up to 180 km out to sea.
The White Sea, in Russia, has the lowest temperature, only -2 degrees centigrade. The Persian Gulf is the warmest sea. In the summer its temperature reaches 35.6 degrees centigrade.
There is no land at all at the North Pole, only ice on top of sea. The Arctic Ocean has about 12 million sq km of floating ice and has the coldest winter temperature of -34 degrees centigrade.
The Antarctic ice sheet is 3-4 km thick, covers 13 million sq km and has temperatures as low as -70 degrees centigrade.
Over 4 million cars in Brazil are now running on gasohol instead of petrol. Gasohol is a fuel made from sugar cane.
The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like a Man | DrinkPlanner
1. Thou Shalt Learn to Enjoy Whisk(e)y - Bourbon, Scotch, Irish, Tennessee whiskey and every other form of the drink shall heretofore be your best buddy. You can start by mixing with soda at first to ween yourself into it if you need to (Jim Beam and Coke is a perfectly acceptable manly drink), but at some point you’re going to have to learn to drink the stuff on its own. It’s a complex, mysterious and brooding spirit, which are not coincidentally three things you as a man should also strive to be. This commandment is the most important, and the hardest to get through, which is why it’s first. If you can master the ways of Daniels, Walker, Dickel, Jameson and Glenlivet…the rest of this should be cake.
If she can do it, so can you, you big lady
2. There is No Such Thing as a “Chocolate Martini” - This has been said elsewhere many a time before, but it bears repeating. The only things that should be in a martini are gin (or a quality vodka), vermouth, and garnish like an olive or onion. Anything else, and you’ve made a grave mistake punishable by a lifetime of Grey’s Anatomy reruns.
3. Thou Shalt Not Drink a Frozen Drink - The ONLY exception to this is if you’re at the beach or on a cruise. Otherwise, stick to hunks of ice or chilled mugs to cool your drink. Alcohol is not meant to be drunk in smoothie form.
4. Thou Shalt Not Consume Drinks With Idiotic Gimmicky Names Meant to Cover Up How Girly They Are - So help me God, if I see any of you jackasses out there with a Sex on the Beach or a Screw Me Blue in your hands, I’ll slap it to the ground and eat your worthless soul so fast you’ll truly come to appreciate the phrase “life flashed before my eyes” like never before. You’re not fooling anyone. Just because peach schnapps has some alcohol in it does not qualify it as an alcoholic beverage. It has its place in the great wide world of booze, but mixed up with 18 other fruit-flavored alcohols and garnished with a paper umbrella and stupid name ain’t it.
5. Thou Shalt Learn to Appreciate All Forms of Beer - If Natty Light, Keystone and Coors are your idea of what beer is and is meant to be, you’re living your drinking-life like that of a child in sub-Saharan Africa. Bring that inner impoverished child into the “civilized” world and open your dry crusty wind-chapped eyes to the world of ambers, stouts, saisons, hefeweissens and the multitude of heavenly hops-angels just waiting to surround you and give you a glimpse of the Promised Land. While you’re still getting over your silly stigma that Guinness is a “heavy” beer and cringing at the thought of a slice of lemon in your Hoegaarden, the rest of us will be happily melting our brains away into oblivion. With the superhot hops-angels, of course.
Get used to it, Jack
6. No Worthwhile Woman Will Ever Be Impressed With How Much You Can Drink - Being able to funnel six beers at once or taking down an entire fifth of rum in one night may impress the shit out of your buddies, but no quality woman on earth will give a damn about how much you can drink. For that matter it’s really not worth even trying, as trying and failing will produce far more disgusting consequences than you ever bargained on. Let it be known: while some refer to alcohol as “Liquid Panty Remover”, puke is far better known as “Liquid Loneliness”.
7. It’s More Than Okay to Drink Wine - Knowing the name of a few good Cabernets and Pinot Noirs is a highly valuable thing. Inevitably in your life you’ll need to go to expensive restaurants for anniversaries, birthdays, and pet funerals… and knowing what’s good vs. what tastes like grape-flavored vinegar not only makes you look smart and sophisticated, but saves you from drinking grapes that taste like they were fermented in horseshit. Become familiar with the ins-and-outs of a few wines, and the impression you’ll make will be well worth it. Being labeled as “cultured” is never a bad thing…being labeled as “ignorant” always is.
8. It’s Worth it to Learn the Rules and Traditions of the Drinking World Before You Go Out Into the Wild (and Make an Ass Out of Yourself) - Pro Tip: When drinking one of the aforementioned obligatory wines at one of the aforementioned stuffy and overpriced restaurants, do not sniff the cork. Check it for mold or odd discoloration, and then put it down…but do not sniff it like a damned country bumpkin. Pro Tip 2: Do not make a big show of popping the cork off a bottle of champagne. Hold a cloth or towel over the cork and catch it before it shoots into the ceiling. It’s the grown-up thing to do. There are a thousand small rules like these (or maybe “customs” is a better word?) surrounding the booze-life that knowing can be the difference between you looking like a showboating know-nothing jackass, or a refined gentleman of great taste and culture. The two mentioned here are a start, but take the time to learn what separates grown men from the forever-frat-boys and you’ll be more than a few steps ahead.
Welcome to Assholeville, population: YOU
9. The Way You Treat Bartenders and Waitstaff Says More About You Than You Know - I don’t mean to get all Jesus-y on you guys, but as the Good Book says, “That which you have done unto the least of these, you have done unto me.” And I can tell you, that’s exactly how a woman or prospective business associate will see it. Snapping, clapping, yelling, whistling or just general rudeness to someone waiting on you are a sure sign to anyone in your company that if they spend enough time around you, you’ll eventually treat them with the same selfish nonchalance and disdain that you treat those who are paid to be nice to you. And for crying out loud, TIP WELL. You have no idea how far this can take you.
10. Any Free Drink is a Good Drink - I know, this seemingly negates some of the previous rules, but hear me out. Not even mentioning the many economical reasons that you should never ever in your life turn down a free drink when offered to you (which essentially boil down to: YOU’RE NOT BUYING IT AND IT’S NOT POISON, SO WHO CARES!?!), it’s just plain RUDE to turn down a shot or drink purchased by someone else for you (unless it is, in fact, poison). They’ve not only put down their hard-earned dollar to buy you a taste of the good life, but they’ve also taken the social gamble of saying “Hey, this is a person who deserves a drink for saving babies/stopping (evil) moving trains/kicking my ass in Guitar Hero, and by golly…I’m going to buy them a beverage in public to show the world how noteworthy their accomplishment is!” That’s quite simply a proposition you can’t say no to. If you do, you’re a dick.
Much like the Bible, there are many more minor rules to the world of drinking, but these are the Big 10, the ones that in a general sense should guide you throughout your journey through this magical world of booze and keep you from temptation and harm. It’s a cold and frightening would out there, but by following these simple rules you definitely have a better chance of emerging unscathed.
Business Cards - The most useful and often the least utilized form of marketing. Business cards have long been the best friend of a business man or woman. We have seen them handed out at company meetings and casual meetings. One thing most marketers and business person often seem to forget is business cards aren’t just meant to be handed out. They are meant to be dropped!marketinghackz.com - 10 Unusual Places To Drop Your Business Card
Ever since business cards came into existence there has been numerous ways to hand them out. But, as said earlier, most marketers forget to realize that there are other ways which you can use to get indirect exposure towards your business via business cards. In this post we will analyze ten ( 10 ) ways to get exposure to your business, and market your products and services without directly coming in contact with anybody, yet letting them know that you exist.
Before we get into the details make sure you always have a handful of cards in your pocket, no matter where you go. Even if you are going to the grocery store make sure to grab a couple. Will talk more about this particular situation when we get deeper into the post. Let’s get started,
- Bus Stop - You might have your own car and everything but once in a while it pays to ride a bus when it comes to marketing. Why? Well, what do you do when you are at a bus stop? You wait for the bus. You can first use that location and time to talk with other people and network. Second and most importantly you can market your business indirectly using your business card. How? Simply drop one on the chair and a couple outside the booth. You ask what this will do? Most people won’t ignore a business card that’s staring at them waiting to be picked. Trust me, they will pick it up and most probably hold on to it. Getting business from them depends whether or not your business caters to their need but you surely made aware to one potential customer that you exist.
Bus - Now that you have left your business card at the bus stop, the next unusual place to leave your business card is when you are on the bus. How many people ride a bus to and from work at a major metropolitan city? Hundreds and thousands! Use it to your advantage to promote your business. When you are ready to board off the bus, simple drop one on the seat you were sitting on. No body wants to sit on something that’s laying on a seat. Somebody will for sure pick it up and take a look at it. There! You just left another businesses card and promoted your business and all it took was reaching into your pocket and dropping one out.
- Hair Salon - If you are like me this might not be the place you usually visit. I say that because I am going bald and I shave my head which eliminates the need to visit a hair salon. But if you do go to get your hair cut, well it’s your lucky day and another shot at marketing your business. When you are at a barber shop or hair salon just leave one on the counter after you are done. Sure! You can hand one out to the barber or at the counter, but you want more than just them knowing. You want their customer who might also be interested in your products and services. So go ahead drop one right out while you are in there.
- Convenience Store - We all use convenience store, whether its a quick stop to fill gas, relief ourselves or grab something to quick munch on. A convenience store is another one of those places that’s never empty, most of the times. There are hundreds of people walking in and out everyday. If you can convert 25% of convenience store customers to atleast peek at your business card, that is a huge success and an achievement. Some places to leave your business card while you are in there would be - the newspaper rack, the counter ( drop one before walking out ), once you are done grabbing the snickers leave one on the shelve. You get the idea. The key is to find spots that are mostly accessed by customers in a convenience store.
- Restaurants - I am not talking about McDonald’s here, I am talking about a restaurant where you go sit, look at a menu and wait for your food to arrive. Sometimes paying 20-50 dollars a meal can really be a good investment when it comes to promoting your business. Once you are done eating at a restaurant leave one on the table you were eating at. Who will see this? Just the waiter because they will most probably clean the table once you leave. Well, you marketed to one person. What about others who might come to a restaurant, the restaurant’s customer? This is what you should do in addition to leaving one on the table you ate - leave couple while on your way out on empty tables that are already cleaned and waiting for a customer. They are already cleaned so when a new customer arrives they will most probably peek at your business card, thus giving your business some exposure. The hungry customer might have a short attention span, but hey atleast he/she knows you exist.
- Airport - When it comes to marketing via ” leave your business card approach, “ airports are the best place on earth to promote your business. There are just hundreds of places in an airport that you can simply drop your card and let others know about you and or your business. Some places you can quick drop a business card off your pocket while in an airport - the waiting area ( seat , aisle, etc ), the airport bathroom ( why not ), food court, magazine racks, etc. Spots and places you can leave your business card are just countless. Go ahead and find a spot, I am sure you will find more than you can think of. Just drop one somewhere and get indirectly in touch with your to be customers.
- Department/Grocery Store - Without a visit to a department store or grocery store every so often, our lives cannot exist,literally. There isn’t anybody who doesn’t visit a grocery store or a department store for that matter. I wouldn’t really recommend leaving your cards on shelves in a department/grocery store but one place most people won’t miss your business card is the cart. Yes, the cart you put your groceries in. Just drop one on your way out. The next person that will grab the cart will most certainly give it a look which will give you or your business an instant exposure. Most businesses leave their flyers and such in carts and promote them, you might as well do the same with your business card.
- Bar - While at a bar if you are still not drunk enough to forget your business, leave one at the counter right before you leave. The next person will most likely give it a look and if they are drunk enough they might just slip one in their pocket. And of course your product and services are so strong that someone doesn’t have to be drunk to keep one of your business cards. They will grab and hold on to it anyway. That’s marketing at it’s best - when you can promote your business where people go to forget their own business.
- Open Houses - I love open houses. First you get a chance to peek into someone’s house with their permission and second, you have the opportunity to sell your own service while someone is selling their house. Talk about maximizing opportunities. When you are at a open house, peeking into somebody else’s property errr…. looking to buy a house, drop one next to the realtor’s business card. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this, simply drop one somewhere on the floor while inside the house. Living room, kitchen, bedroom, your call. Make a choice.
- Rental Properties - Whatever it is that you are renting, be it a car, a house or an apartment, when you are done with it leave a couple in there. If it is a rental car, be sure to drop one in the glove box, the back seat and may be one on the dashboard. You might be using it for a business purpose or pleasure, whatever it is, business cards are most likely to fall out and stored somewhere while driving around. When it comes to a rental house or an apartment, the possibilities are endless. You lived there for so long so it makes sense that you forgot a couple business cards while you were leaving. Like I said the possibilities and spots while leaving a rental house is endless. In a closet, bedroom, kitchen …. see, you have opportunities everywhere.
I am pretty sure you have your own ways of ” sneaky marketing. “ Please share some of your tips on how we can forget our business cards somewhere knowingly and get in touch with our potential customers. The comment section is yours to share some business card marketing tips with us.
Making Self-Care a Priority: Time Management Articles
Getting the outer facets of your life into order is an important part of time management, but so also is learning how to balance yourself from within. This is one area that many people skip without realizing how it can keep them stuck in patterns of chaos and distraction. Continue to read one of our time management articles.
It’s important to understand that chaos and distraction usually begin within! It may seem like your problems exist solely outside of yourself, but your inner state of mind and mood patterns are what have a strong effect on your surroundings. Simply put, your thoughts trigger your emotions and your emotions determine your actions (or non-action), which then bring about the results you experience in your outer life. When you are scattered and chaotic within, you cannot help but transfer that condition to your surroundings.
Conversely, a calm, centered and in-control state of mind will help you to better manage all aspects of your life, even when disruptions are caused by external influences. Since self-care is a very large part of keeping yourself balanced and centered, it makes sense that a strong commitment to it can benefit every area of your life.
Here are three ways to help you make self-care a priority and keep your life in balance:
1)Take time for yourself. When your life is hectic and busy you might be tempted to dismiss the importance of personal time, but doing so only makes you feel more stressed. Remember, “All work and no play . . .” makes YOU a very unhappy person!
When you take time to do things you enjoy each day, you end up feeling happier and stronger from within. As a result, you can better handle the stress in your outer life.
Try setting aside 30 minutes for yourself each day. During that time you can exercise, read, engage in creative hobbies, or simply watch your favorite sitcom on television. Whatever you do, DON’T allow yourself to feel guilty or obsess about what other tasks you could be getting done during those 30 minutes. Instead, affirm that you deserve some downtime, and allow yourself to enjoy it. Then you can return to your normal activities feeling refreshed and energized.
2)Get adequate rest. Another thing people often do when they’re very busy is start cutting into the time they need for sleep (or even just rest and relaxation). Unfortunately, they fail to realize that a hectic schedule can create major mental and physical drains and the only way to recharge is by getting enough rest. If this describes you, you have probably noticed your focus and stamina beginning to slip. You may find yourself feeling more irritable, impatient, fatigued, or just plain stressed. Unless you begin treating your body a little more gently, the problem will only get worse.
It may not seem like you can afford to set aside a full 8 hours for sleep each night, but your efficiency (not to mention your overall well-being) depends on it! Don’t believe me? Commit to trying it for one week. Make it priority to get a full night’s sleep no matter what, and watch in amazement as you are suddenly better able to accomplish more during the rest of the time – simply because you have the clear focus and energy to do so.
3)Strengthen your spiritual connection. Does your spiritual practice consist of a once-weekly visit to church or a few rapidly uttered prayers before bedtime? Or do you spend time connecting to your spirit on a daily basis? Did you know that current research indicates that spiritual people typically experience less stress and better health than non-spiritual people?
It’s important to note that spirituality has nothing to do with religion, unless your religion happens to help you connect spiritually; but you don’t have to be religious to be spiritual. Spirituality (in this context) is all about connecting to your center; the part of you that is connected to something larger than yourself. Whatever name you apply to this “larger something” depends on your existing belief system, but even if you don’t have a specific name for it don’t let that stop you from connecting to your inner self in a deeper, more profound way.
The point is to spend time turning your attention within through meditation or prayer. When you shut out outer distractions and focus on the peace and harmony within you, you automatically feel lighter and more balanced.
By following the above suggestions, you’ll quickly notice how the rest of your life seems to flow more smoothly and easily – which ultimately makes your time management efforts that much more effective! Hope You liked one of our time management articles and bookmark us to get more unusual life tips.
Manned Cloud - The Floating Hotel | Gadgets ! What's Next | Airship, Manned, Travel, LevelTRAVELING AROUND THE WORLD ON A FLOATING HOTEL might be possible by 2020.French designer, Jean-Marie Massaud, has been working in conjunction with the French National Office of Airship Research on the project since 2005.The airship is a floating hotel called the Manned Cloud.
It will cruise at a speed of 80 mph (130 km/h) and 18,000ft above sea level. It could circle the earth in about ten days.
It will travel for 3,100 miles (almost 5,000 km) before needing to be refueled.It is an ecologically friendly way to travel, leaving little impact on the environment without the need for hotels, according to the promoters. It could land for a few days or for a week if there is a big event going on.
The Manned Cloud is almost 700ft long, 270ft wide and 170ft deep. It has a restaurant, a library, a lounge and a gym on the first deck. On the second level there will be 20 passenger rooms, terraces with panoramic windows, a spa and a bar room.The airship is powered by a giant rear propeller and also has two further engines pointing downwards for vertical take-off.
What does not destroy me, makes me strong.
Wisdom sets bounds even to knowledge.
The errors of great men are venerable because they are more fruitful than the truths of little men.
Reasonable thinking boils down to the interpretation on the basis of a concept we cannot fling off.
How should explanation be at all possible when we make everything into an image, our image! . . . Cause and effect: such a duality probably never occurs ¾ in reality there lies before us a continuum out of which we isolate a couple of pieces . . .
(The Gay Science)
. . . a thought comes when ‘it’ wishes, and not when ‘I’ wish, so that it is a falsification of the facts of the case to say the subject ‘I’ is the condition of the predicate ‘think’. It thinks: but that this ‘it’ is precisely the famous old ‘ego’ is, to put it mildly, only a superstition, an assertion, and assuredly not an ‘immediate certainty’. . . . Even the ‘it’ contains an interpretation of the process, and does not belong to the process itself. One infers here according to the grammatical habit: ‘thinking is an activity; every activity requires an agent; consequently ¾’.
(Beyond Good and Evil)
‘Truth’ is therefore not something there, that might be found or discovered ¾ but something that must be created and that gives a name to a process, or rather to a will to overcome that has in itself no end ¾ introducing truth, as a processus in infinitum, an active determining ¾ not a becoming-conscious of something that is in itself firm and determined.
(The Will to Power)
Moral sensibilities are nowadays at such cross-purposes that to one man a morality is proved by its utility, while to another its utility refutes it.
I mistrust all systematizers and I avoid them. The will to a system is a lack of integrity.
(Twilight of the Idols)
Art makes the sight of life bearable by laying over it the veil of unclear thinking.
(Human, All Too Human)
Whoever despises himself still respects himself as one who despises.
(Beyond Good and Evil)
To live alone one must be a beast or a god, says Aristotle. Leaving out the third case: one must be both – a philosopher.
(Twilight of the Idols)
Celebrities in a couple of lines
These amazing pictures were made by Pablo Lobato - the famous Argentinian artist. He sees celebrities in a special way, being able to pass resemblance in caricatures by drawing just a few lines - see for yourself:
^ Jack Nicholson
^ Elton John
^ Brad Pitt
^ Julia Roberts
^ Red Hot Chili Peppers
^ Paris Hilton, Snoop Dog, Paul McCartney
Other pictures by Lobato (totally worth checking!)
Illustrator Noma Bar is very much like Lobato, only Noma Bar uses even less lines for his drawings, and still the nature of the subject is perfectly caught.
^ Tony Soprano
^ Margaret Thatcher
^ Bob Dylan and Kim Jong-il
All of these pictures have in the book “Guess Who? The Faces of Noma Bar” which was due in November. The book will appeal to graphic designers and pop-culture fans alike.
More on the book and on the author himself here.
Wedding Anniversary Table is well known, but what about couples who are dating? It's common for couples to exchange gifts on the monthly and yearly anniversaries of when they first met, or when they had their first date.Dating Anniversary Gifts - Giftypedia
Surprisingly, our research has found no similar resource or guide for dating anniversaries . Because on this, the Giftypedia decided to create a Dating Anniversary Table in the spirit of the traditional wedding anniversary table. Our gift experts researched the topic and came up with the table below. Being a Wiki, we encourage others to improve and add depth to the table below based on their gifty expertise on the dating anniversaries.
In addition to the dating anniversary table, the guys should be sure to check out our What Not to Buy Your Girlfriend guide to improve their chances of eventually making it to the traditional wedding anniversary table someday. Along these lines, be sure to consult our I'm Sorry Table if you forgot your anniversary or were late in remembering it.
Anniversary Gift Suggestions Gifty Tips 1 month Candy & sweets, baked goods, dinner at their favorite restaurant, plush animal, t-shirt or cap related to an interest of theirs. Light and humorous is the key for this anniversary. Sentimentality should be used in a fun nature as you don't want to become too personal at this stage in your relationship. 3 months CD, DVD, book, concert tickets or magazine subscription that is geared to their interests. These gift ideas should show that you listen; i.e. favorite author, musical group, hobbies, etc. 6 months A trendy watch or thoughtful jewelry (keep it simple, nothing too expensive or sentimental), dinner at upscale restaurant, or a fancy home cooked meal. Perfume, cologne, or a fragrance gift set that suits their taste is also a good choice (Tip for the men: avoid experimenting when giving fragrances, stick to what she likes). These gift ideas should express that you are observant and "in the know" of their likes and dislikes. 1 year Experience gift, amusement park tickets, or something fun to go do. On the sentimental side, a framed collage of memorabilia from 1st date, make a scrapbook of your first year together, or turn a photo of you together into art. Something exciting that matches the vigor and passion of your relationship with an emphasis on doing something fun together. Or, something that reflects on your first year together. 2 year Personalized items, fine jewelry, and gifts that express more intimate expressions. Being together for awhile, your gift should show you've developed a deeper bond/chemistry with each other. 3 year Travel, intimate apparel or game. Something new to spice it up. 4 year Start a new hobby together or something different from what you normally do day to day. Something really nice that shows an investment in that person or a definite commitment. 5 year Engagement ring. Don't you think it's about time? After 5 years together, if you haven't decided this is the person for you, then it's probably time to move on.
(newser) – Cocaine traffickers have embraced a startling new method to transport their product into America, the Economist reports: homemade submersibles. The cartels themselves seem to be producing the small craft, which descend to just below the waterline. They sport large cargo space and fuel tanks that allow them to sail far out to sea before dropping their payloads.
Cocaine Moves by Submarine - Newser
Mom Siiri posing with the kittens photo - merjatee photos at pbase.com
disagreement-hierarchy.jpg (JPEG Image, 679x516 pixels)