FAIL Blog - Fail Pictures at Failblog.ORG
INTERESTING THINGS FOR YOU AT NIGHT PART 2 + 3 (ULTIMATE EXPANSION)
Japan Video Games Blog
TO THOSE WHO DON'T WANT THEIR WORK PROMOTED
We're not making money off the site, nor are we publishing anything to other places through feedburner claiming that it's our work, just a hobby of finding cool things around the internet, that's all. Sometimes we copy and paste too quickly and a link giving you credit doesn't appear, if that's the case and you DO want your work promoted, we will add in the backlink, we would love to give credit where credit is due!
Please contact me or drop a comment on any posts you guys don't want up and I'll take it off within 24 hours, thanks!
Friday, May 30, 2008
fantasy-landscapes-5.JPG (JPEG Image, 800x600 pixels)
Thursday, May 29, 2008
eveningspend218wf5.jpg (JPEG Image, 518x752 pixels)
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Amazing Posts: Famous Buddhist Quotes & Sayings
- Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.
- You only lose what you cling to.
- Fill your mind with compassion.
- We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.
- The Four Reliances
First, rely on the spirit and meaning of the teachings, not on the words;
Second, rely on the teachings, not on the personality of the teacher;
Third, rely on real wisdom, not superficial interpretation;
And fourth, rely on the essence of your pure Wisdom Mind, not on judgmental perceptions.
- We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.
- To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
- Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
- Pay no attention to the faults of others,
things done or left undone by others.
Consider only what by oneself is done or left undone.
- What we think, we become.
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned.
- Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others.
- He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
- An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind
- Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.
- Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.
- On life's journey Faith is nourishment,
Virtuous deeds are a shelter,
Wisdom is the light by day and Right mindfulness is the protection by night.
If a man lives a pure life nothing can destroy him;
If he has conquered greed nothing can limit his freedom.
- One of his students asked Buddha, "Are you the messiah?"
"No", answered Buddha.
"Then are you a healer?"
"No", Buddha replied.
"Then are you a teacher?" the student persisted.
"No, I am not a teacher."
"Then what are you?" asked the student, exasperated.
"I am awake", Buddha replied.
A family I know has a tradition of making a book when their children hit 13. Everyone writes a memory, or a piece of advice. I set down to write a list of 25 things that are *actually* true. Is there anything wrong here? Is there anything I'm missing?Twenty-five Things to Know on Becoming a Teenager | Off-topic | LibraryThing
1. You are somewhat better looking that you think you are.
2. You are somewhat more popular that you think you are.
3. Your parents are somewhat more cool than you think they are. They are somewhat less cool than they think they are.
4. Your parents are sometimes wrong. You are wrong more often.
5. For any given "grown up" activity, somewhat fewer people are doing it than you think.
6. For any given "grown up" activity, somewhat fewer people are doing it than say they are doing it.
7. People are not thinking about you. They are thinking about what you're thinking about them.
8. You are entering a period of chronic, low-level insanity. You will look back on your teen age years and realize this. All teenage girls are insane.
9. Teenage boys are worse. They are stark, raving, often droolingly insane, and generally remain so well into their twenties.
10. There is nothing wrong with your breath.
11. Your body smells just fine.
12. Noses never hit. Braces do not lock. Teeth sometimes hit. Lips chap, but it take a long, long time. You now know absolutely everything about the dangers of kissing.
13. Oh, I forgot. It's much easier than you think to get a hickie. If you get one, you will try hard to hide it. Your parents and teachers will try equally hard to pretend they don't see it, or don't know what it is.
14. The coolest kids in my class are failures now. This is a simple fact. If I had known it at the time I would have thought it a very fun fact. Now I realize it's kind of sad.
15. The nerdiest kid in my mother's class went on to win a Nobel Prize in Physics. (He is, however, still a major nerd.)
16. No teacher ever hates you. They just don't think that way. The good ones will love you a little or a lot. The bad ones will have the same emotion toward you that a factory worker has toward objects flying past on an assembly line.
17. Your parents don't hate you. Your parents love you more than you can even understand now.
18. If something is illegal, there is probably a good reason.
19. The things that you think will get you into trouble probably won't get you into as much trouble as you think, but will still get you into trouble.
20. The things you think might be dangerous are probably more dangerous than you think.
21. Tattoos last an extremely long time. Studies have shown that only 1% of teenagers who get a tattoo like them ten years later.
22. Nose rings and tongue studs last only as long as you want them, but bother parents just as much.
23. You're not stuck. It will end. But it's going to take a long, long time.
24. When you enter a room and everyone is laughing, it isn't about you.
25. When you enter a room and everyone is laughing, and you recently blew your nose, and they're all pointing at you, and there's something green swinging in the corner of your vision, considering revising rule 24.
1) Narrow your marketing focus to ideal customers7 Steps to Small Business Marketing Success | Duct Tape Marketing Blog
2) Differentiate or compete on price
3) Create marketing materials that educate
4) Lead generate to be found instead of hunt
5) Create a lead conversion process
6) Harness technology and the Internet
7) Live by the calendar
the style files
The Anemi Hotel is located on the Island of Folegandros, Greece. The hotel is decorated in a minimal contemporary style but with respect for the traditional Cycladic architecture.
Anemi consists of a uniquely designed complex of small buildings which lay harmoniously on one of the most peaceful seaside resorts of the Cyclades close to the village of the island harbour. The hotel’s decor was inspired by simplicity, detail, luxury and elegance.
85357_orig_77053310.jpg (JPEG Image, 589x390 pixels)
Ladies, while you might be able to figure many of us men out and know how to make us do what you want at times; some of us really frustrate you and are hard to figure out. Here are 20 things you might have never realized is how we guys think. Knowing these things might actually change the quality of your dating and relationships in wonderful ways!YOUR Daily Inside Scoop on Las Vegas Nightlife - PERIOD!
While this is not an absolute list of “secrets” that apply to all men, it is accurate of the mindset and behaviors of almost any guy you will meet…even if he won’t admit to it.
1. It's actually not okay to tell me “I’ll be right back. I have to go pee.” I know everyone has to pee, but when I’m first getting to know you I don’t want to be reminded just how much you’re like everyone else.
2. Learn a few details about me as a person before you ask me to buy you a drink. Sure I might buy that drink, but I will feel that since I appear to you to be just a guy to buy you drinks, you will be just another woman to have sex with instead of a woman to know ongoing.
3. Ask me to do something for you and you'll remind me that I'm a man. On the other hand, tell me how to do something and you'll remind me of my mother.
4. You may have heard somewhere that you can tell if a guy is good in bed if he's a good dancer. Well, it's not true. Like most men, I'm usually way too self-conscious about my moves to really let loose in front of everyone on the dance floor.
5. Too many women can't admit when they're wrong, so letting me know when I'm right, no matter what the topic is, will score you major points with me.
6. Whenever you get up from our table at a club to go to the restroom, I watch to see how many other guys check you out. I like knowing that strange men envy me for being with you.
7. When I bring up something sweet I did for a now ex-girlfriend, it doesn’t always mean I have not gotten over her. In fact, I'm probably doing it to advertise to you that I'm good boyfriend material.
8. You know those things I used to do when we first began dating, like how I listened to you tell stories about your college social life and the way I kept saying how cute your cat was? I stopped do things like that because I didn't like doing them in the first place; I was just doing them so would like me.
9. If you have to ask me if I am enjoying our time together, chances are I am not. It most likely will have nothing to do with you though, so just remain calm and patient; chances are I will voice what the problem is.
10. It's a good sign if I bust on you. Haven't you noticed that guys are always insulting their best buddies? We only do that with people we really like. It's how men express affection.
11. While I will make fun of you for listening to “chick music” I secretly have at least one “chick song” that I listen to often and really like.
12. I know girls burp, but hold off on letting one fly out of you when we first meet unless you want me to become turned off. I want to see your intriguing lady side before being reminded you have bodily functions just like I do.
13. Please don't refer to me as a nice guy, even though you may mean that sincerely. The term has been used as code for “a guy I have no romantic interest in” or a loser so often that it’s what discourages me from trying to advance things with you beyond a friendship. I will probably WANT to get with you, but will be too afraid of being rejected now.
14. When we first meet, never ever under any circumstances ask me to hold your purse “for a sec.” It doesn’t matter why you’re asking me to do it, I will feel like you are trying to emasculate me.
15. If you do not like what I am wearing, it is better to keep that to yourself rather than making a comment about what it is you do not like about it. I am more concerned with what feels comfortable than what women will like. If you must comment, tell me you bet I would look good in a certain color; I will likely then go find something in that color that feels comfortable for me.
16. I am not turned off by you using four-letter words, but I am turned off if you use them a lot in a conversation. Hearing you use a couple of those words during a conversation lets me see your aggressive side; which makes me feel just as connected to you as when I show you my sensitive side.
17. Asking me how many women I’ve slept with is just as uncomfortable a question to ask me as it is if I were to ask you how many guys you’ve slept with. I will give you a much more honest answer after we have already kissed or fooled around a little.
18. You commenting on the physical appeal of another guy is not going to make us more competitive for your attention, it will have the same affect it has on you when we do the same regarding another woman; it comes across as shallow.
19. I'm totally in favor of you wearing skimpy clothes when we're out with my pals. Reveal enough to make them envious of me, but not so much that a nipple might pop out or more than the bottom of your ass will be exposed when you bend over.
20. If you hate my mom, regardless of my own opinion of her, I'll think less of you. If you always agree with her, it will also make me think less of you. I want you to have similar qualities as my mother, without being just like her and I want you to have very different qualities without being the complete opposite of her.
There you have it, Ladies. There are many other things I want to share with you about us men, and I will do so in the future.
Thank you for your time, and I wish you well in using what I have shared here with you.
Be well, and Live Unleashed!
As a celebration of their 75th anniversary, Lacoste reinvented tennis by thinking how it will look after 75 years, in 2083.How will tennis look like in the future |
Lacoste is very known for its tennis gear and you can see from the pictures that all the gear is Lacoste brand.
From what I can see from the video and pictures the tennis will be very dinamically played in the future, the player has some sort of protection suit because the balls will travel very fast with 200-300 km/h fastened by special electronic devices.
Also the special suit will offer the player increased speed and jumping capabilities enhanced. La face mask will protect your eyes and face from the ball and probably will have night vision…so you can play your favorite game in the dark.
For me it looks very exciting but in 2083 probably I will be too old to play it…
Easy way to reset your sleep cycle: Stop eating | Parenting Squad
Not eating for 12-16 hours can help people quickly reset their sleep-wake cycle, according to a new study from the Harvard Medical School. This discovery can drastically improve a person's ability to cope with jet lag or adjust to working late shifts.
Scientists have long known that our circadian rhythm is regulated by our exposure to light. Now they have found a second "food clock" that takes over when we are hungry. This mechanism probably evolved to make sure starving mammals don't go to sleep when they should be foraging for food.
The neat thing about this second clock is that it can override the main clock ... and you should just flip into that new time zone in one day.
It usually takes people a week to fully adjust to a new time zone or sleeping schedule. To think that this new "food clock" hack can help you change your internal clock in one day is mind boggling.
How does it work?
Simply stop eating during the 12-16 hour period before you want to be awake. Once you start eating again, your internal clock will be reset as though it is the start of a new day. Your body will consider the time you break your fast as your new "morning."
For example, if you want to start waking up at 2:00 am, you should start fasting between 10:00 am or 2:00 pm the previous day, and don't break your fast until you wake up at 2:00 am. Make sure you eat a nice healthy meal to jumpstart your system.
Another example: If you are travelling from Los Angeles to Tokyo, figure out when breakfast is served in Tokyo, and don't eat for the 12-16 hours before Tokyo's breakfast time.
Why does this work?
Like everything else in our evolutionary history, it has to do with survival:
"For a small mammal, finding food on a daily basis is a critical mission. Even a few days of starvation, a common threat in natural environments, may result in death," the study said.
"Hence, it is adaptive for animals to have a secondary "master clock" that can allow the animal to switch its behavioral patterns rapidly after a period of starvation to maximize the opportunity of finding food sources at the same time on following days."
The shift is a survival mechanism in small mammals that forces them to change their sleeping patterns, Fuller suggests. One starvation cycle is enough to override the traditional light-based circadian clock, the study suggests.
"This new timepiece enables animals to switch their sleep and wake schedules in order to maximize their opportunity of finding food."
"A period of fasting with no food at all for about 16 hours is enough to engage this new clock," says Saper.
"So, in this case, simply avoiding any food on the plane, and then eating as soon as you land, should help you to adjust — and avoid some of the uncomfortable feelings of jet lag." CBC (quoting study published in the May 22 issue of Science.
For more information, check out Science Friday's interview with lead researcher Clifford Saper.
OwenKelly.net » Blog Archive » Dalai Lama’s 18 rules for living
At the start of the new millennium the Dalai Lama apparently issued eighteen rules ofr living. Since word travels slowly in the digital age these have only just reached me.
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three Rs:
- Respect for self
- Respect for others
- Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
On the first day, God created the dog and said: "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years.A Creation Myth
"The dog said: "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"
So God agreed.
On the second day, God created the monkey and said: "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."
The monkey said: "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the dog did?"
And God agreed.
On the third day, God created the cow and said:"You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty Years."
The cow said: "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"
And God agreed again.
On the fourth day, God created man and said: "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."
But man said: "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"
"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."So that is why for our first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.
Life has now been explained to you.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
1. Read about things that interest you. If you are interested in what you are reading about, the words will come alive, and you will be motivated to understand. You will feel satisfaction in accomplishing a task that you enjoy, and which you consider meaningful. The more you read, the better you will become at reading. Just get started and it will become a habit, as long as you are interested in what you are reading.
2. Read material that is at your level, or just a little difficult for you. Read material that you find easy to read, or just a little challenging. Looking up many unknown words in a conventional dictionary is tedious, and the results of the dictionary search quickly forgotten. It is better to stay within your comfort zone and keep reading. Soon you will be able to take on more difficult content.
3. Learn to read in depth, stay on the same subject for a while. If you are familiar with the subject you are reading about, you will understand better. Do not just read short articles. Commit to books. Stay with one author for at least one book. If the subject matter is new to you, you should even try to read a few different books or articles about the same subject, before you move on. This way you will meet the same vocabulary and ideas often, helping you to learn. You will also be able to get deeper into the subject and your reading confidence will grow.
4. If you have trouble reading, listen first. Many great works of literature were written to be read out loud. Learn to appreciate the art of the narrator. Listen to audio books or audio files of the material that you are reading. This will help make difficult content seem more familiar. If you can hear the new words and phrases that you are reading, you will have an easier time understanding and remembering them. Hearing the rhythm of someone reading a text will help your own reading.
5. Let your imagination get involved. Good readers get engrossed in their reading and let it trigger their imagination. Learn to enjoy your reading without asking too many questions or analyzing too much. It will just spoil the sensual enjoyment of the reading experience. You do not need to predict or analyze. Just enjoy and look forward to absorbing the information, ideas and thoughts expressed by the writer.
6. Don’t worry about what you don’t understand. Most of your reading should be for pleasure. You can enjoy reading without understanding all of what you read. You may even understand some things in your own personal way. Neither you nor a teacher needs to “monitor” your understanding. Learn to enjoy reading, even while feeling that you do not fully understand or remember what you have read.
7. Recognize that the key is to read a lot. You may develop a system for keeping track of new words that you encounter in your reading, using lists, or Flash Cards, or other memory systems available on the Internet or elsewhere. However, the main growth in your vocabulary and reading skill will come just from reading as much as you can. So learn to enjoy reading and read a lot. Keep reading, and you will become a better reader.
Unfortunately not all reading is just for pleasure. When you are reading a textbook or manual, or report or other material that have to read for school or work, you may need to underline, take notes, and read some parts over again, in order to retain what you are reading. However, if you have developed the habit of reading for pleasure, you will find that the cognitive techniques you need will come naturally, and that you will understand a lot better than before.
7 Pleasurable Ways to Improve Your Reading Ability | PickTheBrain | Motivation and Self Improvement
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
When you travel, you may think that if you don’t know the language, you can just communicate using gestures. BZZT! Knowing what gestures and body language mean in foreign countries can mean the difference between making friends and getting beaten up and it’s all too easy to make mistakes. Take the quiz to find out how much you know about body language, gestures and foreign customs:
Truth about cancer. - this post has been credited to John Hopkins although I understand they deny it.Announcements : Truth about cancer - everyone should know.
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show
up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion.When
doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their
bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer
cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be
destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumours.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional
deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and
including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also
destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone
marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver,
kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages
healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor
size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in
more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation
the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can
succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become
resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to
spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not
feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
CANCER CELLS FEED ON:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important
food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like
NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful.
A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in
very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour.
Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the
gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with
unsweetened soya milk cancer cells are being starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic
and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork.
Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which
are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts
and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20%
can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live
enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15
minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live
enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most
vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day.
Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is
a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water-best to drink
purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap
water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive
enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrified and leads
to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or
eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer
cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac,
anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer
cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to
cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of
disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and
positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness
and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to
have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising
daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level.
Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS HOSPITAL , U S - PLEASE READ
1. No plastic containers in micro.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.
This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well. Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.
Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital ,
was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins
and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in
the microwave using plastic containers.
This especially applies to foods that contain fat.
He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin
into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body.
Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic
containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the
dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be
removed from the container and heated in something else.
Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to
use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some
of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The
dioxin problem is one of the reasons.
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous
when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked,
the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap
and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.
This is an article that should be sent to anyone important in your life
To recycle is good; to reuse, divine. It’s great to recycle your newspaper, but if you can find a way to use it around your house, even better. Here are a few ideas for putting old newspapers to use:
1. Use them to wash windows. Make a spray of a 1/4 cup of vinegar and a quart or so of water, spray onto your windows or mirrors, and wipe with a sheet of crumpled newspaper. You’ll get a perfect, lint-free shine.
2. Packing material. If you are planning a move, or sending gifts through the mail, shred up some newspaper and use it as packing material in your boxes.
3. Add it to your compost pile. Newspaper counts as a “brown” in your compost pile. It adds carbon, and does a great job of drying out a compost pile that’s gotten a little too wet. Just rip it into strips and bury it in your pile. It will break down in no time.
4. Kill grass to make new garden beds. Simply lay three to four layers of newspaper over the grass, wet it down, and cover it with leaves, grass clippings, straw, compost or any other organic materials you have lying around. It will break down, kill the grass, and give you a perfect spot to plant. If you do this in the fall, you’ll have a bed ready for spring planting.
5. Use them to protect your tables when the kids work on craft projects. They’re free, absorbent, and plentiful—perfect if you have little crafters.
6. When hanging photos or artwork, make a template out of newspaper and tape it to the wall to get your placement right. This way, you won’t end up with a bunch of nail holes in your wall if you have to adjust the placement.
7. Use them as dropcloths when painting a room.
8. Wrap presents with them. If the recipient is into politics, or sports, or books, try using those particular pages of the newspaper to really personalize the wrapping.
9. Ball them up, and use them as filler in the bottom of large container plantings. It will save soil, make the container lighter and easier to move, and break down over time. Since it will settle, this is a better solution for containers that will be done in a season or so rather than a permanent planting.
10. Have a new puppy? ‘Nuff said.