INTERESTING THINGS FOR YOU AT NIGHT PART 2 + 3 (ULTIMATE EXPANSION)
Japan Video Games Blog
TO THOSE WHO DON'T WANT THEIR WORK PROMOTED
We're not making money off the site, nor are we publishing anything to other places through feedburner claiming that it's our work, just a hobby of finding cool things around the internet, that's all. Sometimes we copy and paste too quickly and a link giving you credit doesn't appear, if that's the case and you DO want your work promoted, we will add in the backlink, we would love to give credit where credit is due!
Please contact me or drop a comment on any posts you guys don't want up and I'll take it off within 24 hours, thanks!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Archetype: The Fiction Writer's Guide to Psychology
0,1020,1111506,00.jpg (JPEG Image, 750x516 pixels)
1. She can’t win the nomination without overturning the will of the elected delegates, which will alienate many Democrats.
2. She can’t win the nomination without a bloody convention battle — after which, even if she won, history and many Democrats would cast her as a villain.
3. Catching up in the popular vote is not out of the question — but without re-votes in Florida and Michigan it will be almost as impossible as catching up in elected delegates.
4. Nancy Pelosi and other leading members of Congress don’t think she can win and want her to give up. Same with superdelegate-to-the-stars Donna Brazile.
5. Obama’s skilled, close-knit staff can do things like silently kill re-votes in Florida and Michigan and not pay a political price.
6. Many of her supporters — and even some of her staffers — would be relieved (and even delighted) if she quit the race; none of his supporters or staff feel that way. Some think she just might throw in the towel in June if it appears efforts to fight on would hurt Obama’s general election chances.
7. The Rev. Wright story notwithstanding, the media still wants Obama to be the nominee — and that has an impact every day.
8. Obama might not be able to talk that well about the new global economy, but she (and McCain) can’t either.
9. Many of the remaining prominent superdelegates want to be for Obama and she (and Harold Ickes) are just barely keeping them from making public commitments to him.
10. She can’t publicly say more than 2% of all the things she would like to say about race, electability, beating McCain and experience.
11. If she somehow found a way to win the nomination, she would have to offer Obama the veep slot, and she doesn’t want to do that.
12. This is a change election, and Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton can never truly be change.
13. Obama is having fun most days, and she isn’t.
14. Even though her campaign staff is having more fun than it has for a long time, there’s hardly anyone there who, given half a chance, wouldn’t slit Mark Penn’s throat — and such internal dissension won’t help her in the home stretch.
The way out of suffering is through it. Resist suffering and suffering increases. Acceptance, in the moment, that you are suffering will dissolve your suffering instantly.
• You are perfect in every way until you compare yourself with another.
• Your need to control things is based on the fear of things controlling you.
• What you worry about is what controls you.
• Every one of us is allowed to suffer in order that we can grow in compassion and sensitivity towards the suffering of others.
• When someone treats us unkindly we learn how to treat others with great kindness.
• Living successfully today requires us to leave the past behind us.
• Strangers can love you easier than family because strangers have no history with you that they can hold against you.
• Only people who live in fear feel the need to abuse others.
• Trying too hard is un-attractive (does not attract) and pushes away from us the very things we want.
• When you encounter obstacles or roadblocks that are between you and what you want out of life choose to be like the "wind and water" and "flow" up, over, around or under them rather than fighting them and giving them power over you.
• We become free to follow the desires of our heart when we are influenced more by our own thoughts than the thoughts of others.
• Happiness allows us to walk over the top of our problems while unhappiness allows us to drown in them.
• In life, we always have two choices about our circumstances; we can change our circumstances or we can change our attitude about our circumstances. Once we change our attitude, our circumstances change naturally.
• When we stop finding faults in ourselves, we will stop finding faults in others.
• A relaxed mind solves even the most difficult problems, in life, easily. A stressed out mind delays problems being solved. A closed mind prevents problems from being solved altogether.
• God most often answers our prayers in the form of an inspired thought or creative idea that either sets us free or moves us to tears.
• God lives in the moment. If you want to find God, live there too!
• Discarding the past and forgetting about the future by living in the moment will give you the peace of mind you seek.
• Being rejected is part of life, get over it.
• Life doesn't always go your way, don't take it personally.
• Most people are full of crap, love them anyway.
• If you care about you, others will too!
• Putting other people first all the time will put you back at the end of the line.
• Life is not difficult, it is only our thinking that makes it so..
• Find humor in your problems and they will seem smaller to you.
• Love won't solve the problems of the world but it certainly makes the ride worthwhile.
• Don't take yourself too seriously, no one else does.
• An overly generous heart can lead you to the poor house.
• Sometimes it hurts to think, that's why people get headaches.
• Creating prosperity is "simple" to do and yet many people judge that "simple thought" as "too good too be true" while never judging the thought that scarcity and lack of money are "too bad to be true".
• The one real weakness we have is underestimating the part our very own thoughts played in creating the circumstances we have in our life today.
• Every thought we think is a prayer to God.
• The only reason people don't have their prayers answered is because they quit praying before their prayer request is fulfilled.
• Expressing sincere prayers of gratitude for what we have guarantees that we will have more.
• When you see all that you do as God's sees it, perfect in every way, the universe begins supplying you with evidence that validates God's truth that what you do "is" perfect in every way...
• Any time you are feeling negative, you are not loving and approving of yourself. If you were loving and approving of yourself, you would never feel negative.
Top 25 torrent sites March 2007
|Rank #||Torrent Site||Alexa Rank (Dec 07)||Alexa Rank (Mar 08)||Change (%)|
|1.||mininova.org||63||53||+ 19 %|
|2.||ThePirateBay.org||182||130||+ 40 %|
|3.||isohunt.com||170||147||+ 16 %|
|4.||Torrentz.com||231||192||+ 20 %|
|5.||BtJunkie.org||689||469||+ 47 %|
|6.||torrentspy.com||376||585||- 36 %|
|7.||TorrentReactor.net||909||616||+ 48 %|
|8.||GamesTorrents.com||942||641||+ 47 %|
|10.||btmon.com||924||743||+ 24 %|
|11.||sumotorrent.com||1,894||1,101||+ 72 %|
|12.||myBittorrent.com||1,861||1,454||+ 28 %|
|13.||animesuki.com||1,738||1,473||+ 18 %|
|14.||Fulldls.com||1,448||1,646||- 12 %|
|15.||bitdig.com||5,805||1,945||+ 300 %|
|16.||torrentz.ws||7,990||1,991||+ 400 %|
|17.||newtorrents.info||3,348||2,272||+ 47 %|
|18.||Torrent-Finder.com||3,404||2,635||+ 29 %|
|19.||TorrentBox.com||2,812||2,686||+ 5 %|
|20.||Fenopy.com||3,102||2,901||+ 7 %|
|21.||torrentvalley.com||5,276||3,014||+ 75 %|
|23.||TorrentReactor.to||3,016||3,313||- 9 %|
|24.||www.zoozle.org||4,669||3,369||+ 39 %|
|25.||www.seedpeer.com||3,992||3,449||+ 16 %|
Would you have ever guessed that your
old toys would one day be playing all of
your fave tunes?! Fun speaker runs off
of iPod’s energy and no batteries are
required! Plus signs are your speakers
with volume buttons in between! Plug
this compact mini dock right into your
iPod and rock out at your desk! Works
with all iPod varieties. Approx. 2.5”x1”
|Why Women Need To Stop Watching Romantic Movies|
|Wednesday, 19 March 2008|
1. WE EXPECT OUR PRINCE CHARMING TO LOOK LIKE BRAD PITT
Okay, let’s start with the easy one first. In movies, women always usually fall for the handsome lead. Thus, causing women in real life to use that celebrity or character as a basis of comparision regarding their own relationships. As much as I would love to be taken by Boris Kodjoe, it’s most likely not going to happen.
2. MEN DO NOT SPEAK IN MONOLOGUES PROFESSING THEIR LOVE TO YOU
In almost every romantic comedy or drama I’ve seen, the male lead will usually profess his undying love to the female lead (usually after a huge fight or temporary breakup) in these long and lengthy speeches that make Hamlet’s soliloquies look short, and that also usually make most womens’ hearts melt. Movies like ‘Disturbia,‘ ‘Jerry Maguire,’ and ‘Chasing Amy’ are all notorious for this. This causes many women to get depressed, because usually the closest thing a woman gets to getting a man to profess their love to her is when he gives her(voluntarily) the last chicken wing off his plate.
3. BEING A CONSTANT BITCH WILL NOT MAKE THE GUY WANT YOU MORE
Tell me if this sounds familiar. Boy meets girl. Girl is repulsed by boy. Boy keeps hounding girl. Girl eventually caves in and falls for once repulsive boy. Movies like ‘One Fine Day,’ ‘Something New,’ ‘Six Days and Seven Nights‘ and many others have all had female leads that literally treat the men like sh*t, and yet the men STILL pursue the women after being constantly rejected by them. Girls, let me tell that although playing hard to get and having a little attitude may help you catch a guy, treating the object of your affection like sh*t will get you nothing more than a “angry booty call” out of him.
4. FIRST TIME SEX IS NEVER AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS ON FILM
In the obligatory sex scenes in romantic movies, we usually see two bodies mesh in a perfectly choreographed way and the woman always has the most intense orgasm. We usually forget the first time with someone usually involves awkward positions and “shortcomings.” (If you catch my drift)
5. DO NOT EXPECT GRAND GESTURES
A few years ago, I got mad at my long term boyfriend at the time because he hadn’t done anything romantic for me. (i.e. Grand f*cking Gestures) How I longed for him to serenade me off key like Jerry O’ Connell and Adam Sandler did for their ladies in ‘Scream 2′ ( yup..even horror films are guilty of this) and ‘The Wedding Singer.’ Or for him to even carry me out of my workplace like Richard Gere carried Debra Winger out of the factory in ‘An Officer and a Gentleman.’ I remember him being angry at me after that…because I hadn’t appreciated all the little things he had done that were so much more important. :(
6. HE WILL NOT CHASE YOU IN THE RAIN
In fact he probably won’t chase you period. How many movies have you seen where the couple onscreen get into a fight, and the woman runs away, and the man catches up with her and turns her around to give her a passionate kiss? (I’ve lost count after ‘The Notebook.’) Let me tell you, that hardly happens. The only passionate thing I’ve gotten when I storm off after a fight is the finger.
7. HE WILL NOT RUIN YOUR WEDDING
I remember years ago I went to a psychic and they had told me that the man I loved was going to stop my wedding in the future. It was then, I realized I was getting jipped. Every woman has probably daydreamed in their lifetime about the one true love of their life stopping their wedding (like they do in the movies) and driving off on their motorcycle, (never understood that) and living happily ever after. Honestly, if that fantasy were to happen, it wouldn’t go down like that. You would probably be surrounded by debt (due to the costs of the wedding you skipped out on) and probably living in some remote place due to the fact that your jilted groom has probably put a hit on you and your “one true love.” Isn’t it just romantic? (Now I really hope the psychic is going to be wrong!)
Although our relationships may not seem as glamourous as they do in the movies, women (or the women around me at least) need to realize a man does not need to wear a cape or ride a valiant steed to be our hero or knight in shining armor. Honestly, forget movies’ perception of men, and deal with men for how they are and not how you would like them to be. If men did the same thing women did when watching their action movies, they would expect us to have perfect hair and make-up 24/7, an incurable sexual desire, and no PMS.
That’s just my take on the subject. Are there any other movie myths I’m leaving out?
Imagine buying a phone, signing up for a data plan, and never having to walk near a wall charger again. With this generic new touchscreen phone from China, now you can. With a 3-inch touchscreen, a 1.3-megapixel camera, four built-in speakers, dual-SIM card support, and a whopping 2-year long manufacturer-rated battery life, this just might prove to be “the last mobile phone you’ll ever need.” It also has Bluetooth, an MP3 player, an e-book reader and handwriting recognition in both the English and Chinese language. I think it’s about time the big players in the handset market came around and tried to find out just how China men manage to churn out phones like these. Just what do they fuel these phones with? God?