Japan Video Games Blog

TO THOSE WHO DON'T WANT THEIR WORK PROMOTED

Hey guys and gals! We FIND and PROMOTE people's work, we never take credit for things we haven't written, we just love sharing the things that are interesting, but if you don't want your work or pictures shown, please let me know and I'll take it off, we're not trying to harm any one here or infringe on anyone's copyrights, just late night entertainment for my friends and I after a long days of work.

We're not making money off the site, nor are we publishing anything to other places through feedburner claiming that it's our work, just a hobby of finding cool things around the internet, that's all. Sometimes we copy and paste too quickly and a link giving you credit doesn't appear, if that's the case and you DO want your work promoted, we will add in the backlink, we would love to give credit where credit is due!

Please contact me or drop a comment on any posts you guys don't want up and I'll take it off within 24 hours, thanks!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Helpful Tips to Help You Relax

Tips to help you mom's take a break and relax despite your busy busy schedule.


As a mom, you pretty much give 100%, 100% of the time! I know, because I am a stay at home mom! I am dedicating this article to all mom's working and stay at home, new and experienced!

My main advice to you is TAKE A BREAK!!! I know how stressful parenting can be, I urge you, take a minute to relax! I can testify to the fact that taking that little bit of time for yourself will give you a little more energy to be an even better mom than you already are. I am going to give you some helpful tips on just how to take that little break. I know some of you out there are thinking take a break, yeah right, who has time...well I will show you that you have time!


Extra 30-60 minutes in the morning

Set your alarm 30-60 minutes earlier in the morning! Wake up have a cup of coffee and do your devotions, or read a newspaper... This will get your day rolling on the right foot, by the time your children wake up you will have already had a chance to collect yourself!

Extra 30-60 minutes at night

If you aren't really a morning person, stay up an extra 30-60 minutes. This will give you a chance to just sit. If you aren't the type of person who likes to "just sit and relax" use this time to take a bubble bath, or catch up on a novel!

Organization

Don't worry I'm not going to list out all the things you can do to get organized, however in my experience I have found that making a cleaning schedule gives me a little extra time to play with my kids. (e.g. Monday-deep clean kitchen, Tues.- Bathroom duty, Wed.-Laundry, etc.) Limit yourself to one or two chores a day, if you think about it you already have enough on your plate with picking up after your kids, making meals, and playing you shouldn't load yourself down with to-do's!

Just give in

If you are really stressed out, take a day off! There are two ways to "take a day off"

  • Choose a day during the week that you don't clean at all, except of course dishes.
  • Get a babysitter! Believe me you deserve it!

Get a babysitter

Just take a day to yourself! (I felt the need to reiterate this one, it is extremely helpful, but don't make it a habit....your kids will start to miss you) You don't have to get a babysitter for the whole day, try just 30-60 minutes. However the key to making this work is LEAVE....go for a walk, go shopping, visit a friend, or just go outside and sit. It's not really a break unless you actually do something for yourself!

Go to the park

Kids love going to the park and the great thing about the park is that your children will usually play by themselves! Grab a book or magazine and head to the park! It will give you a chance to think!! Although don't get too involved with what you are doing, you do still have to keep an eye on those muchkins!!!

Designate a toy area

If you have an extra room in your home use it for a toy room. Your children will love having a place to go and play by themselves, they will be out of your hair, and their toys will all be in the same place instead of in every room of your house!!

Just close your eyes

Don't go to sleep, but close your eyes for 60 seconds, imagine you are somewhere else, block out all noises and take a quick trip to paradise. I promise it does help even if it only lasts for 60 seconds!!

These are just some tips to try. I have used each and every one, and believe me when I say, it's very stress relieving! I love my family dearly, but without a break every once in awhile I would probably go insane! I urge you take the time out of your VERY busy MOM schedule, and RELAX for a minute!


Helpful Tips to Help You Relax
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Marc and Angel Hack Life

Self Improvement

Personal Development with The Positivity Blog

HowStuffWorks: Health Daily RSS Feed

PickTheBrain | Smarter Self Improvement

I will change your life . com