Japan Video Games Blog

TO THOSE WHO DON'T WANT THEIR WORK PROMOTED

Hey guys and gals! We FIND and PROMOTE people's work, we never take credit for things we haven't written, we just love sharing the things that are interesting, but if you don't want your work or pictures shown, please let me know and I'll take it off, we're not trying to harm any one here or infringe on anyone's copyrights, just late night entertainment for my friends and I after a long days of work.

We're not making money off the site, nor are we publishing anything to other places through feedburner claiming that it's our work, just a hobby of finding cool things around the internet, that's all. Sometimes we copy and paste too quickly and a link giving you credit doesn't appear, if that's the case and you DO want your work promoted, we will add in the backlink, we would love to give credit where credit is due!

Please contact me or drop a comment on any posts you guys don't want up and I'll take it off within 24 hours, thanks!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Learnings from Life: Life and Love

I thought this was a great read, I think people sometimes lose sight of what's right in front of them, and this will definitely help you get it back, we all need it.

Life and Love

My husband is an Engineer by profession, I love him  for his steady  nature, and I love the warm feeling when I lean  against his broad  shoulders. 
Three years of courtship and now, two years into  marriage, I would have  to admit, that I am getting tired of it. The reasons  of me loving him  before, has now transformed into the cause of all my  restlessness. I am a sentimental woman and extremely sensitive when  it comes to a  relationship and my feelings, I yearn for the  romantic moments, like a  little girl yearning for candy. My husband, is my  complete opposite,  his lack of sensitivity, and the inability of  bringing romantic moments  into our marriage has disheartened me about love. One  day, I finally  decided to tell him my decision, that I wanted a  divorce. 
"Why?" he asked, shocked. "I am tired, there are no  reasons for  everything in the world!" I answered.
He kept silent the whole night, seems to be in deep  thought with a  lighted cigarette at all times. 
My feeling of disappointment only increased, here was  a man who can't  even express his predicament, what else can I hope  from him? 
And finally he asked me:" What can I do to change  your mind?" Somebody  said it right, it's hard to change a person's  personality, and I guess,  I have started losing faith in him. 
Looking deep into his eyes I slowly answered : "Here  is the question,  if you can answer and convince my heart, I will  change my mind, Let's  say, I want a flower located on the face of a  mountain cliff, and we  both are sure that picking the flower will cause your  death, will you  do it for me?" 
He said :" I will give you your answer tomorrow...."  My hopes just sank  by listening to his response. 
I woke up the next morning to find him gone, and saw  a piece of paper  with his scratchy handwriting, underneath a milk  glass, on the dining  table near the front door, that goes.... 
My dear, 
"I would not pick that flower for you, but please  allow me to explain  the reasons further.."
This first line was already breaking my heart. I  continued reading. 
You always leave the house keys behind, thus I have  to save my legs to  rush home to open the door for you.
You love traveling but always lose your way in a new  city, I have to  save my eyes to show you the way. 
You like to stay indoors, and I worry that you will  be infected by  infantile autism. I have to save my mouth to tell you  jokes and stories  to cure your boredom. 
You always stare at the computer, and that will do  nothing good for  your eyes, I have to save my eyes so that when we  grow old, I can help  to clip your nails,and help to remove those annoying  white hairs. So I  can also hold your hand while strolling down the  beach, as you enjoy  the sunshine and the beautiful sand... and tell you  the colour of flowers,  just like the color of the glow on your young face... 
Thus, my dear, unless I am sure that there is someone  who loves you  more than I do... I could not pick that flower yet,  and die.. " 
"Now, that you have finished reading my answer, if  you are satisfied,  please open the front door for I am standing outside  bringing your  favorite bread and fresh milk... 
I rush to pull open the door, and saw his anxious  face, clutching  tightly with his hands, the milk bottle and loaf of  bread.... 
Now I am very sure that no one will ever love me as  much as he does,  and I have decided to leave the flower alone...  
That's life, and love.

Blogged with Flock

No comments:

Marc and Angel Hack Life

Self Improvement

Personal Development with The Positivity Blog

HowStuffWorks: Health Daily RSS Feed

PickTheBrain | Smarter Self Improvement

I will change your life . com